My blog contains a large number of posts. A few are included in various other publications, or as attached stories and chronicles in my emails; many more are found on loose leaves, while some are written carelessly in margins and blank spaces of my notebooks. Of the last sort most are nonsense, now often unintelligible even when legible, or half-remembered fragments. Enjoy responsibly.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Superman

So we went and saw Superman this weekend and I feel I need to share a few things.


  1. I love comic book, popcorn, big budget movies - Im a complete sucker for them. No matter how intelligent I become, how old I get, or how mature I think I am, I will always love a good superhero movie.

  2. Superman is the best superhero ever. Period. Why? Because Superman stands alone. Superman did not become Superman, Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he is Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red S is the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears, the glasses the business suit, that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent? He's weak, unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.

  3. Go see this movie. Its big, long and does a good job picking up speed as it goes. Moreover, its nice to see what we as a country attempt to embody. The Superman on the big screen always saves the day; we can only wish to look that good in tight cloths. We as a country have always aspired to be Superman and have (and will) always fall short of every incarnation of the man of steel (Nietzsche's included). But I dont believe it is in the failing but in the trying that matters. As long as we as a people aspire to be honest, noble, and benevolent in our lives then we all become a little bit of Superman. Now if we could only learn to fly...

No comments: