My blog contains a large number of posts. A few are included in various other publications, or as attached stories and chronicles in my emails; many more are found on loose leaves, while some are written carelessly in margins and blank spaces of my notebooks. Of the last sort most are nonsense, now often unintelligible even when legible, or half-remembered fragments. Enjoy responsibly.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Is it wrong that I don't care?

Today’s headlines are all about Iran, Syria, Lebanon and Whateveristan and I’m having a hard time really giving a flying rat’s ass. Sure, I know, instability in the Middle East, thousands of people dieing, yadda yadda yadda… But really, hasn’t this part of the world been going through something like this on some level every couple of years for the last couple thousand years? These people can do nothing but throw rocks at each other with the only difference ever coming in the technology of the rocks and how they’re thrown.

So really, why should I give a shit? And if I do give a shit, take a full interest, and watch the events unfold and come to a conclusion – isn’t all of this going to just happen again in a couple of years? Isn’t the extent of these primitive peoples existence to throw pooh at each other in the name of Allah?

No comments: