My blog contains a large number of posts. A few are included in various other publications, or as attached stories and chronicles in my emails; many more are found on loose leaves, while some are written carelessly in margins and blank spaces of my notebooks. Of the last sort most are nonsense, now often unintelligible even when legible, or half-remembered fragments. Enjoy responsibly.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Who will you cry for when they die?

I was looking though some of my old Kurt Vonnegut books this past weekend and realized that he turned 84 this year and that he is mortal. And as all mortal men, he will someday die, and probably not to far off with that nasty smoking habit of his. This made me very sad, because I really like him and will miss him when he is gone.

So here is my question to you: Not counting family members, loved ones, and pets, who will you shed a tear for when they pass?

I will cry when Kurt Vonnegut dies. So it goes.

“A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.”

No comments: