My blog contains a large number of posts. A few are included in various other publications, or as attached stories and chronicles in my emails; many more are found on loose leaves, while some are written carelessly in margins and blank spaces of my notebooks. Of the last sort most are nonsense, now often unintelligible even when legible, or half-remembered fragments. Enjoy responsibly.

Friday, July 21, 2006

I love the English language.

Communication is what makes us intellectual beings. If lines of communication are open and logical enough, any possible inspiration, intention, or idea is able to move from one individual to another. So the higher level of communicatory ability you poses, the better the chance you have of getting the exact thought in your mind across to someone else. This allows you to further stretch your mind and expand its possibilities through exterior stimulation and more freely flowing internal operation.

Recently while working on both conversational Latin and Spanish, I came to the conclusion that I am an English language snob. English, for all of its confusion and bizarre rules, is the most flexible and descriptive language ever derived. Just look at it in comparison to the other languages in the Western World: French has 100,000 words in common use; German has 184,000 in common use; and the English language has over 200,000 words in common use. But the thing that really separates English from every other language is the astonishing fact that there are over 650,000 words that CAN be used. In other words, English is the language of options.

Watch as I exercise my literary pleasance by describing, in an otherwise proscribed way, of how my lubricious wife always truckles under to my proclivity for her carnal genuflection, whether it’s because she is my myrmidon or for simple love, all using doggerel content, hopefully loquacious enough not to offend.

Wasn’t that the most tortuously complicated and beautifully dirty sentence ever!

For all of its idiosyncrasies, English is the most potentially descriptive language ever created. And I for one, plan to spend the rest of my life learning how to utilize English communication to its fullest.

No comments: