My blog contains a large number of posts. A few are included in various other publications, or as attached stories and chronicles in my emails; many more are found on loose leaves, while some are written carelessly in margins and blank spaces of my notebooks. Of the last sort most are nonsense, now often unintelligible even when legible, or half-remembered fragments. Enjoy responsibly.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Va. Gov. grants clemency for condemned man who would have been the 1,000th person executed in the US

My personal, religious and moral beliefs aside, when it comes to the execution of a human by the state I absolutely oppose it. Not because I believe that killing people is wrong, but because I fail to believe that our government is 100% correct at anything. Why anyone would allow the same system that allowed OJ and Michael Jackson to walk free to tell them that they know that the person they are about to kill is absolutely guilty is beyond me. Sure, we all want less psycho killers in the general populous, but trusting the same government that we ridicule, insult and joke about everyday to make the decision about ending another human’s life is not an intelligent choice in any way. This is why I can say, absolutely, that we should not execute people in this country.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051130/ap_on_re_us/1000th_execution

No comments: