My blog contains a large number of posts. A few are included in various other publications, or as attached stories and chronicles in my emails; many more are found on loose leaves, while some are written carelessly in margins and blank spaces of my notebooks. Of the last sort most are nonsense, now often unintelligible even when legible, or half-remembered fragments. Enjoy responsibly.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Entry for October 22, 2012

My Grandmother turned 97 this year, and although realize world is a different place than when she was younger, it never really hit home until she made an offhand comment while watching the news the other day. It was during some generic story that they showed kids playing in a ball pit. Not knowing what that was, she asked my son Sebastian. For the ten minutes following his explanation, she explained what it was like being a young child in the 1920s. It was absolutely fascinating and really drove home how much has changed in such a short period of time. It warmed my heart and made me sad that someday, almost 100 years from now, my little four-year-old son could be explaining his current childhood to his own Great-Grandchild and what life was like in the long forgotten days of the 2010s.

No comments: