My blog contains a large number of posts. A few are included in various other publications, or as attached stories and chronicles in my emails; many more are found on loose leaves, while some are written carelessly in margins and blank spaces of my notebooks. Of the last sort most are nonsense, now often unintelligible even when legible, or half-remembered fragments. Enjoy responsibly.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Entry for October 20, 2012

I had a dream last night that the house was swallowed up by the earth, only to reemerge 1,000 years from now, almost unchanged. A team of scientists was tasked with trying to learn about this by-gone era and formulated all sorts of hypothesis about why there were dirty dishes in the sink and a pile of clothes on the bedroom floor. The shoes casually tossed next to the shoe-trees, the broken PS3 remote that still hasn’t been thrown away, and the tools I left on the table from fixing one of my son’s toys were all important clues and caused great debates as to their significance. Our bodies, still undisturbed in beds, were not freshly bathed, nor had our teeth been properly brushed the night before. The overall conclusion that they were able to extrapolate from our century old lives was not a favorable one. When I awoke this morning I felt remorseful for being a bad representation of our time and immediately took a shower, brushed my teeth, and cleaned up the house a bit. Now that I’m done and can reflect on the entire experience I realize that, yes, we would have been an accurate description of the now. So if the house is swallowed up later on this morning, you can thank me for not making all of you look like the slobs you truly are.

No comments: