My blog contains a large number of posts. A few are included in various other publications, or as attached stories and chronicles in my emails; many more are found on loose leaves, while some are written carelessly in margins and blank spaces of my notebooks. Of the last sort most are nonsense, now often unintelligible even when legible, or half-remembered fragments. Enjoy responsibly.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood

“Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

I’ve come to the conclusion, during the course of my short life, that he who dares nothing, need hope for nothing. I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it. And now that paths lie ahead of me in directions of varying adventures I see only the future in each bearing. I have the same fears, concerns and worries as always accompanies any first step – but a nervous need for adventure and success that will not let me pause. It is on new paths where you learn who you are and where you are heading. I can only hope that this next path reveals enough to keep my feet beneath me. Now is the time to plan, pack and progress – movement is afoot.

No comments: