My blog contains a large number of posts. A few are included in various other publications, or as attached stories and chronicles in my emails; many more are found on loose leaves, while some are written carelessly in margins and blank spaces of my notebooks. Of the last sort most are nonsense, now often unintelligible even when legible, or half-remembered fragments. Enjoy responsibly.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Entry for June 21, 2008

I posted a blog the other day on same sex marriages and have a quick follow-up. I do feel sorry for the future children of these couples. Not because I think that they will be any less loved or supported in their lives, but because of my own childhood memories. You see, it was always hard enough for me to make one coffee mug or macaroni card for Mothers Day or Fathers Day, so I can’t imagine having to make two. And you just know that one is invariably going to be better than the other one. Then you have to choose which mom or which dad is going to receive the better one and how you’ll explain the choice to them.. .. ..really, it’s a lot of pressure for a young child. So a word of advice to these future children of gay parents: Make one parent the coffee cup and the other the card. Do not try to make duplicate items. There, I feel much better now.

No comments: